Computer fax enables you to send and receive faxes on your desktop, laptop or mobile device.
Computer faxing has made traditional faxing obsolete. Not only is it faster and less expensive, but having your desktop computer, or laptop, or mobile device fax documents over the Internet is more convenient and provides a higher level of security. Without the need for any hardware or software, users of computer faxing receive incoming faxes as PDF files attached to their email. This enables you to receive faxes directly and allows you to store, print or forward the digitized faxes.
How computer fax works -- fast, simple and easy:
When you set up your account, you are assigned a fax number -- you can choose a toll free number, a local number or you can port your existing fax over to your new account. Then your fax number is linked to your email address. When someone sends you a fax, it is instantly converted to a PDF (or tiff) file and you receive it as an attachment to your email. When you want to fax someone from your computer, you create an email and format the address in the TO field like this: email@example.com and include your document as an attachment. It will automatically be sent to the fax number you specified in the TO field. With a simple upgrade feature, you can also have the ability to edit and digitally sign documents. Highlighting, underscoring important text, comments, action stamps and even searching for keywords in important documents are all possible.
- Computer faxing requires no hardware or software purchase.
- Instantly turn your PC, laptop or PDA into a fax server.
- Eliminate expensive fax server costs and maintenance.
- Automatically convert faxes and paper documents into PDF files.
- No busy signals or tied up fax machines.
- Instantly print, store or forward faxed documents.
- Use your current fax number of get a new toll free fax number.
- Securitize documents and communications.
- Print out documents while on-the-road.
- Detailed reporting and disaster recovery.
- Compatible with all operating systems -- PCs, Macs or PDAs.
- Ideal for large, medium and small businesses.